Northeast Interior Systems, Inc. was established in 1977 by Robert Bowden. From the very beginning NEIS had a core focus of the institutional and educational marketplace, representing EF Hauserman Corporation, a manufacturer of demountable partitions in primary education and industry. These products along with casework, chalk and tack boards, as well as other ancillary components, helped to establish the Clifton Park, NY company for its future. In addition, NEIS has a long history in the healthcare market segment, representing the Herman Miller Mil-Care system furniture line for a number of years.
Eventual expansion into Central NY (Syracuse) and Western NY (Rochester) followed. Acquisitions in New England and Ohio increased NEIS’ territory. Since its beginning, the organization has worked with owners, architects, contractors and construction managers to design, develop and deliver the best interior fit out.
Today, NEIS is owned by the same family, passing along the industry knowledge to the next generation. Ownership has continued to embrace the belief that its success and future are tied directly to its people. Best-in-class manufacturing partners combined with professional project management and delivery is what makes the NEIS experience so very different.
Our reputation. Our people. Our history. And our future.
Connecting people with integrated solutions for interior spaces
Deliver a rewarding customer experience through a project focus on collaboration, proactive communication and commitment to outstanding results
Our Core Values
People, Integrity, Intention, Achievement and Humility
We take pride in our products, our services, our projects and our people.
This extends to our local communities and in the world that we all share.
NEIS ownership and its employees promote and support “good citizenship” with contributions to organizations and people that strive for justice and good will toward the needy among us.
Through support of educational institutions, areas hit by natural disasters and needy families during the holiday season, the NEIS family asks that we all do our part.
Organizations that we contributed to in 2018 and continue to support in 2019 include:
- Calvin College (& Scholarships) Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Adopt-A-Family Program sponsored by St. Francis Assisi Parish, New York
- CIVA: Christians in the Visual Arts
- Pawtucket Rescue Mission, Rhode Island
- Habitat for Humanity, New York
- Boys and Girls Club Providence, Rhode Island
- Elim Fellowship
- Salvation Army, New York and New England
- Mission E4, Hubbardston, Massachusetts
- Rescue Mission, Syracuse, New York
- World Renew: Serving worldwide as the development, disaster response, and justice arm of the Christian Reformed Church in North America
- Faith Heritage School, Syracuse, New York
- Whitinsville Christian School, Whitinsville, Massachusetts
- Various Church Outreach Programs