Brown University utilized the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) method to build its new Engineering Research Center. NEIS was invited to join the dynamic project delivery team early on in order to maximize efficiencies and provide a truly state-of-the-art building. Construction wrapped up three months ahead of schedule and on budget! This was possible due to the growing, inclusive and collaborative IPD approach, which allows the process to be efficient and effective from beginning to end. The three-story facility has 20 lab modules designed to support large, team-based research groups.
Location: Providence, RI
- Project Size: 80,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Cost: $88 mm
- CiF's S-Line Painted Metal Casework
- CiF's Tech Center Flexible Table
- CiF's Pinnacle Flexible Table
- CiF's Wing Service Distribution
- Labconco's Fume Hoods
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Kieran Timberlake
- Lab Planner: Research Facilities Design (RFD)
- Construction Manager: Shawmut Design and Construction