Kaleida Health’s John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital is a replacement of the existing Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. The facility includes over 180 beds, seven operating rooms, three C-Section rooms, thirty Emergency Department beds, ten Observation and eighteen Radiology rooms. Located at Ellicott and High Streets across from the Buffalo General Medical Center connected via a two story bridge. The design team constructed the hospital with families in mind, incorporating bright colors and art. Northeast Interior Systems provided Case Systems plastic laminate casework, CiF Lab Solutions wood casework in the lab spaces. Creative Laminate’s wall panels and custom nurse stations throughout. Over $1 million in solid work surfaces by Prestige.
Location: Buffalo, NY
- Project Size: 400,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Cost: $270 million
- NEIS Contract: $4.02 million
- Case Systems Plastic Laminate Casework
- CiF Premium Wood Casework
- Creative Lamiante Wall Panels & Custom Nurse Stations
- Prestige Solid Surfaces
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Shepley Bullfinch
- Construction Manager: Turner Construction Co.