NEIS was asked to join the project team to rebuild the MacArthur Elementary School that was destroyed by a flood in 2011. The entire project team wanted to revitalize the school by creating a new 130,000 sq. ft. sustainable and resilient building. This school was built for 21st-century elementary education while keeping the environment in mind. Through sustainable design practices, this project received LEED Platinum certification. NEIS installed Creative Laminate custom millwork throughout the new school and Case Systems’ plastic laminate casework. The main focus was to provide aesthetically functional millwork that will allow students to put learning on display.
Location: Binghamton, NY
- Project Size: 130,000 sq. ft.
- Total Project Cost: $79.5 million
- NEIS Contract: $640,000
- Creative Laminates' Custom Maple Veneer Millwork Arches and Paneling
- Case Systems Plastic Laminate
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Ashley McGraw Architects
- General Contractor: Welliver McGuire