Norwalk Community College’s Center for Science, Health and Wellness combines 30,000 sq. ft. of renovation with 50,000 sq. ft. of new space. This building contains classrooms and laboratory space for nursing, chemistry, biology, and physics. The project features premium wood casework using rift sawn white oak, custom sliding market boards with storage, radiused end panels, epoxy benches and an overall electrically clean design by Mitchell/Giurgola. This project received LEED Gold certification for its sustainable design efforts.
Location: Norwalk, CT
- Project Size: 80,000 sq. ft.
- NEIS Contract: $1.8 million
- White Oak Wood Casework
- Fume Hoods
- Custom White Boards With Storage
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Mitchell/Giurgola Architects and Fletcher-Thompson
- General Contractor: Whiting-Turner Contracting Company