St. George’s 30,000 sq. ft. Academic Center welcomes a new laboratory science wing with a complete renovation of the duPont building. This state-of-the-art facility on the historic hilltop campus overlooking the shores of Aquidneck Island is now home to seven modern lab classrooms. The architectural team implemented a variety of sustainable design strategies to help achieve their finishing goal of a LEED Gold Certification.
Location: Newport, RI
- Project Size: 30,000 sq. ft.
- NEIS Contract: $1.2 million
- CiF Steamed Beech Veneer Wood Casework
- Durcon Light Grey Epoxy Resin Countertops
- Labconco High Performance Fume Hoods
- CSP Stainless Steel Tables and Shelving
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: EYP
- Construction Manager: Shawmut