The Hartford Public Schools (HPS) decided to combine Weaver High School, a public school with Richard J. Kinsella Performing Arts High School, a magnet school. This multiple phase renovation took place at Weaver High School’s facility, allowing the two schools to merge into one space. One of HPS’ project goals was to provide quality instruction to ensure students are college-ready. To help the district achieve its goals, NEIS installed CiF’s forward-facing, multi-level, Elevation Tables in the classrooms. The table supports evolving STEM curriculum, giving students the opportunity to explore science and technology and adapt to changes quickly and efficiently. NEIS also provided and installed a sizable custom millwork package.
Location: Hartford, CT
- Project SIze: 245,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Budget: $134 mm
- CiF's Elevation Tables
- CiF's Premium E-Line Neutral Maple Wood Casework
- CiF's Apex Air Fume Hoods
- Case Systems' Plastic Laminate Casework
- Custom Millwork Package
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: The S/L/A/M Collaborative, Inc. with Amenta Emma Architects
- General Contractor: Newfield+Downes